08 March, 2012

Entering Contests

How many of you enter writing contests?

I've entered several. Amazon holds their Breakthrough Novel Award each year and I don't think I've missed a year since it started. Made it as far as the quarter-finals one year. That was exciting. Now they're judging the first round on your pitch! That has to be one of the most difficult things to write.

The synopsis is tough as well. How do you pare down an 80K story to a couple of pages? lol A little easier than condensing it to a paragraph but still. . .

Have you participated in NANOWRIMO? What an intense month that is! I've completed it once. Last year I didn't have time since we were closing on the new house and starting renovation. I miss having that type of intensity, but if the idea or the motivation isn't there, it's hard to manage.

I hope all of you are productively writing these days. I'm not so if you are, I must admit, I'm jealous! This blog is about as far as my writing has gone in the past week or so. I did start a new story idea, but haven't had time (or motivation) to carry it very far. I fall asleep thinking about it, plotting it out, starting the opening over and over in my head. I have several pages written, but it needs more!

Perhaps it's time to pull out something old. . . Yes, that's what I'll do this morning. That often inspires me.

Until later. . .

Keep writing!

No comments: