09 March, 2012

Drama

Are we addicted to drama? Creating it? Dealing with it?


This occurred to me this morning when I woke to find two messages on Facebook. One was sent with the sole purpose of irritating me, the other was in response to drama my daughter has managed to create.


I responded to the second one first, and that has required several phone calls. This is one reason why I hope my daughter never has to move back home! lol


The first message was from another adult, around my age, acting like she is still in high school. It's crazy. My life is settled, I'm happy finally. I've had plenty of drama in my life and frankly, I'm over it. It's discouraging that someone who should be past the need to create problems for others is still doing so. Does she not have enough excitement in her life? Is she so insecure that she needs to throw stones at me? Ridiculous. My answer to her was basically to get over it. 


Then I started thinking, maybe a composite character with some of these traits would make a good "villain" in one of my stories. lol I could combine what I know about all parties involved in both dramas of the day and see what I come up with. It's an intriguing idea and one I will explore after I finish this post.


Where do you get your character's traits? Are they modeled after people you know? Do you step out of your comfort zone to create your characters? How do you make them sound distinct from each other in things such as dialogue? 


Time to hit the keyboard.


Until later. . .


Keep writing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think other site proprietors ought to take this internet site as an model - extremely clean and magnificent style and design, as properly as the content material. That you are an expert in this area!
K4NJU784D4G
vimax
vimax funciona
comprar vimax
vimax brasil